AWE are currently recruiting for a Payroll Specialist to join the Finance and Business Management function. The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for the provision of an efficient and effective payroll service ensuring that everyone is paid accurately and on time in accordance with company and statutory regulations and to maintain and input payroll information in an accurate and timely manner.
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours. A salary sacrifice scheme is also available.
You will be required to:
- Ensure accuracy of payments to employees/pensioners
- Liaise with employees, pensioners, external bodies and internal departments
- Act as Information Management point of contact, providing support and guidance to the Payroll Team
- Input weekly/monthly payroll data in the Business System in accordance with statutory and contractual obligations and to pre-defined timescales
- Process and monitor all staffing changes including starters, secondments, transfers, leavers and other amendments to salaries and employee data in a compliance with policy and payroll requirements
- The input, calculation and recording of sickness payment both statutory and occupational
- The input, calculation and recording of maternity, paternity and adoption payments both statutory and occupational
- The input, calculation and recording of Fixed and Casual allowances
- The checking and processing of travel and expense claims in accordance with policy
- The processing of relevant HMRC forms including P45, P60 etc
- Prepare information to assist in the provision of information to external agencies in relation to mortgage reference etc as required
- Advise employees, pensioners and managers on payroll issues as first point of contact for enquiries
To be successful in this role you should have the following skills:
- Payroll experience
- Previous experience of using a Payroll system, ideally Oracle
- Strong excel skills, with good knowledge of V-lookups
- An ability to demonstrate an analytical mind
- Experience of using best practice financial management processes, tools and techniques
- Strong customer service skills
- High level of numeracy and ability to deal accurately with calculations of a complex nature
- Excellent communication both written and verbal
All candidates must be able to apply for and maintain the correct security clearance for this role.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'