Salary £22,000 - £25,000 + Excellent benefits package
An exciting opportunity to join a large fast paced organisation in Leeds city centre as a Payroll Specialist dealing with weekly, bi-weekly and monthly payroll runs for over 10,000 employees while ensuring all payroll procedures are correctly carried out. This is a great opening for someone looking for a challenging next step in their career within a supervisory payroll position. The right candidate for this role will be a strong communicator with a proven record of working to deadlines by effective time management skills. Integrity is a vital part of this role as you will be dealing with confidential information and queries. Leadership skills are important as you will have to manage in the absence a deputy manager.
Duties of the Payroll Specialist role will include:
* Ensuring high levels of accuracy when dealing with the weekly, bi-weekly and monthly payroll cycle and manage this effectively and efficiently
* Be the first point of call for any payroll related queries about pay such as tax and NI, pensions, pension auto enrolment and gross and net pay
* Stepping into a deputy role in the absence of more senior payroll staff
* Keeping up to date with all payroll, benefits and pensions legislation
* Processing new starters, terminations, adjustments and P45's and liaising with HR staff where needed
* Maintain sickness records and monitoring against entitlement
* Assisting with the implementation of the SAP System
* Process payment to outsourced staff
* Assisting with balancing of Income Tax, NI Contributions, SMP, SSP etc. and preparing the disbursement for HMRC at the end of each month
* Raising requisitions for cheque payments
* Processing expenses
This role will suit someone who has a significant working knowledge of payroll within a large and complex organisation and are fully competent in PAYE, NIC, SSP, SMP, Tax Credit etc. You must have a good understanding of payroll legislation and feel confident enough on this subject to supervise and train other members of staff. Due to the high volume and pace this role is looking for someone extremely motivated. Excellent IT skills are necessary especially Excel and Word.
This organisation offers an excellent benefits package including a very generous holiday allowance, great pension scheme, onsite parking, gym membership, healthcare, death in service and many more.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.