Payroll Specialist/Manager - Utilities Client
My client is a leading utilities client in Coventry, and we are currently recruiting on their behalf for a Payroll Manager. This role is required to oversee payroll services and be the lead interface with the offshore team to ensure efficient timely and accurate processing of the payroll.
Knowledge, Experience and Technical Know How:
- Knowledge of all HMRC rules and regulations and similar in key areas such as Pensions / NMW / WTD
- Knowledge of Employment law as applicable
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to utilise different approaches and skills with different customer groups
- Ability to set and manage customer expectations
- Able to identify and implement process improvements
- Strong networking and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrable passion and commitment to excellence in continuous improvement and quality
- Strong results orientation
- Openness and flexibility to change
- Manage the day to day relationships with the offshore team to ensure effective working, efficient and accurate transactional processing and seamless operation between the UK and offshore operations and effective service to internal customers.
- Drive process improvements in the Payroll activities to realise quantifiable benefits.
- Ensure daily process management works effectively in the Payroll area to ensure payroll processing is undertaken in an efficient and timely manner
- Be clear on the metrics and KPIs for Payroll Services, ensure these are achieved and foster and support the process of continuous improvement.
- Ensure appropriate and timely resolution of issues raised by the offshore team to ensure efficient and timely transactional processing.