I am currently recruiting for an established firm of Chartered Accountants based in Leatherhead.
The client base that the department deals with is extensive, ranging from high net worth individuals to multi national groups.
The main criteria for any candidate applying for this position is a combination of strong payroll skills and sound knowledge of employment issues. They will be able to demonstrate that they have worked in an environment where it is necessary to deliver accurate information on a timely basis.
Roles and Responsibilities includes but not limited to:
- Preparing client payrolls on a weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly or annual basis
- Incorporating payroll changes that have been notified by agreed cut-off dates
- Calculation of SSP, SMP, etc where applicable
- Providing management information using computer printouts
- Providing security payslips for each employee
- Utilising the BACS system for payment of net salaries and PAYE/NIC
- Advising clients of the necessary payments to be made to employees and HM Revenue & Customs
- Completing all RTI submissions to HM Revenue & Customs
- Extensive communication with clients, mainly by telephone and email
- Correspondence with HM Revenue & Customs on all matters affecting the payroll
The Candidate should possess:
- Extensive experience in payroll preparation
- Experience of dealing with PAYE issues and HM Revenue & Customs correspondence
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure and in a deadline environment
- Good IT skills and receptive to technology changes
Salary - Up to £31,000 based on experience
For more information on this Payroll Specialist vacancy, please either apply directly or contact Ben Bennett at AJ Chambers. If this role isn’t for you but you do possess many of the requirements then please do get in contact with us, as we may be able to offer a more suitable role.