Payroll Senior - Payroll Bureau
AJ Chambers are currently working with a leading Regional firm or Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors who are, through growth, looking to expand their highly experienced Payroll Team within the Bury St Edmunds office.
Responsible for assisting the Payroll Manager to provide a fully integrated Payroll service, to include completion of payrolls of varying frequencies as and when required, ensuring information is processed in accordance with internal procedures and in-line with statutory / legal requirements. Deputise for the Payroll Manager as required.
- Competitive Salary (up tp £30,000 depending on experience)
- 25 Days Holiday
- Free Parking and company pension
- Life Cover and death in service benefits
- Flexible working hours and remote working opportunities
- Prepare and run monthly payrolls, within a specified time limit.
- Calculate and verify information received, including claims for sick pay, maternity / paternity / adoption pay, travelling and subsistence allowances and dealing with the implications of salary sacrifice schemes.
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
- Deal with all payroll correspondence.
- Respond to queries from clients.
- Deal with all new client set up procedures.
- Assume responsibility for a proportion of departmental billing procedures.
- Set up and manage on-going auto enrolment procedures.
- Review work of junior staff, ensuring quality in compliance with professional standards/requirements.
- Delegate tasks effectively.
- Ensure board decisions on staff are promptly implemented.
- Ensure staff motivation and loyalty is maintained to minimise staff turnover.
- Ensure effective communication systems between management and staff are established and disseminated to all staff in the company to ensure coherence and a team spirit.
- Monitor and encourage improvements towards standards of work via guidance, coaching and mentoring.
- Encourage / foster a culture of continuous development.
For further information on this Payroll Senior position, please apply direct or contact Scott Golding at AJ Chambers
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'