Our client is looking for an experienced Payroll Officer to join their small and friendly team based in Chester. This is an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Officer who is looking to join a well-established and reputable firm of chartered accountants based in Chester. Our client is a leading chartered accountants in Chester and Wrexham, helping hundreds of businesses across Cheshire and North Wales develop and thrive. With over 30 years of experience, they have the knowledge and expertise to help businesses develop and grow in changeable economic climates. As Payroll Officer you will be supporting clients and developing your experience alongside a highly professional and motivated team. A friendly and professional working environment is on offer, together with a competitive benefits package.
As Payroll Officer you will work alongside the payroll manager, the role will focus on diligently processing and supporting monthly and weekly payroll for multiple client companies.
- Working with Sage payroll software
- Resolving queries with clients and HMRC
- Undertaking manual calculations of payroll taxes and NI
- Undertake manual calculations for pension contributions
- At least 2 years payroll experience, preferably with previous experience of working in an accountancy practice
- A good understanding of payroll legislation including furlough claims
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, will pick up the phone and speak to clients and HMRC
- Up to date in-depth payroll knowledge and experience ideally gained within an accountancy practice
- Relevant payroll qualifications are desirable
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able to provide excellent customer service to clients
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- IT literacy and competent with Excel
- Willing to work in their Chester office, with social distancing measures in place
- Confident with clients
- Motivated and driven
- Have a good level of organisational skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to demonstrate you can work in a team but also off your own initiative
- Payroll Assistant
- Payroll Officer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'