Sellick Partnership are actively recruiting for a Payroll Officer on a permanent role to support the Payroll Manager in providing a fully managed payroll and pension service to the organisation and other associated companies.
Key responsibilities of the Payroll Officer:
- Delivering the end to end processing of all company weekly and monthly payrolls 17 monthly payrolls plus 3 weekly payrolls including processing new starters and leavers, pay changes, updating the HR and Payroll database.
- Interpreting a number of different sets of terms and conditions across organisation, in relation to sickness calculations/maternity/paternity etc, and providing manual forecasts in relation to maternity and sickness as required.
- Producing regular and ad hoc payroll reports to meet internal and external obligations.
- Ensuring that all payroll queries from employees, statutory bodies and third parties are responded to accurately and in a timely manner.
- Escalating issues to the Payroll Manager as required.
- Delivering a managed service in relation to Auto Enrolment and the Groups pension scheme in the form of reconciliation of Group Pension reports.
- Validating and reconciling payments at month end for Finance.
- Assist the Payroll Manager with the reconciliation of the Group PAYE
- Supporting the Payroll Manager in the delivery of all Year End tasks include the Greater Manchester Pension fund year end.
- Work with the HMRC to resolve employee queries and also Group tax liability queries in relation to RTI.
- Supporting the Payroll Manager with payroll related projects as required by the business, including implementation of a new HR and Payroll database.
The role will require close liaison with the finance, HR departments, along with all employees across the organisation
- Communication Skills: Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with colleagues at all levels and external partners
- Planning and Organisational Skills: Ability to plan and structure day/week/month by prioritising workload and organising work effectively to ensure that all deadlines are met
- Delivery: High level of attention to detail required with the ability to deliver under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
- Relationship Management: Strong and positive team working skills with the ability to develop positive working relationships with both internal and external customers. Ability to deal with sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- The ability to work autonomously, with limited supervision.
- Excellent IT Skills including Excel.
- Experience of working within a busy payroll department providing an end to end payroll service (e.g. Input /validation/reconciliation/payment)
- Experience in processing all aspects of payroll year end from P60 to P11d.
- Experience of working on a variety of payroll frequency (e.g. monthly/weekly)
- Understanding of and practical experience in the use of payroll processes and HR and payroll databases.
- Understanding of the HMRC payroll statutory obligations e.g. Tax , National Insurance, SMP, SSP
- Knowledge of how to manually calculate a payroll payment to net.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Accounts Assistant role, please apply now, or contact Stephanie Tasker at Sellick Partnership.
Disclaimer: Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"