£12.80 per hour
An established business in Huntingdon are looking to recruit a Payroll Officer on a long-term temporary assignment until March 2019.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Validating & processing all payroll data via on-line input in compliance with the PSSC, Police Regulations, DWP and HMRC legislation including raising manual payments, calculating overpayments and negotiating repayment terms.
• Reconciliation of all payrolls to ensure that all payments are made accurately and on time.
• In the absence of the Payroll Manager, managing the workflows of the team, to ensure that an accurate and comprehensive payroll service is provided within the deadlines set.
• Establishing and maintaining pay records Interpreting and advising upon and correctly applying various PSSC Regulations with regard to pay/allowances/deductions.
• Having a thorough understanding of both the complexities of the payroll system and the unique features of the police payroll.
• Processing all data via on-line input and reviewing the on-line input facilities to seek to improve the efficiency of the system in conjunction with the Payroll Manager.
• Advising on Maternity and Sick Pay Provisions as laid down in Occupational and Statutory Legislation and Local Policies and maintaining appropriate records to ensure that all income due is recovered.
• Ensuring that the relevant cost centre is updated on the payroll system on transfer of officers between Divisions to ensure accuracy within the Financial Management System.
• Liaising with Divisional staff/budget holders/Police Federation to provide support/training to facilitate the provision of accurate payroll data in an appropriate format.
• Checking information in relation to redundancy/compensation payments ensuring they are in line with the LGPS Modification order
Ideally you should be able to demonstrate the following traits and characteristics:
• Experience in interpreting and advising on complex pay regulations for Police/Public sector payroll.
• Proven current technical payroll, pensions and tax knowledge.
• Proven experience of using computerised payroll systems and spread sheets.
• Advising on and reviewing work practices pertaining to all payroll procedures, identifying the most effective and efficient payroll method of achieving the required output.
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to negotiate.
If you are looking for a long-term temporary job in Huntingdon and feel you have the necessary skills to take on a payroll officer job then please apply today.
If you are interested in a confidential chat then please call Nick Heap at Reed Accountancy on 01223 462857.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job