We are seeking a strong and experienced candidate to join our finance team as our payroll officer to manage our weekly candidate and monthly payroll runs.
Our weekly payroll element of the business is rapidly expanding and we need to ensure that we pay all candidates on time (currently c.530 a week). We have a variety of candidates including PAYE, Inside and Outside IR35 legislation and those that payroll under umbrella companies. As well as managing the payroll, all reporting requirements must be met internally and externally and as the business continues to grow all processes are reviewed and updated.
We also manage a monthly payroll service which we are looking to expand as opportunities arise and the candidate will need to ensure that they are able to support the business as this grows.
We are a small team with 2 admin payroll assistants and 2 accounts assistants, who all work closely together and at times pick up work that doesn’t normally fit under our normal day to day tasks
Specific Responsibilities of the Job
- Manage the weekly/monthly payroll function to ensure all candidates are paid the correct amount and on time. As part of the process you will deal with candidate’s queries, HMRC and any internal/external stakeholders
- Manage the monthly payroll for our own head office staff on a monthly basis, including expenses
- Carry out all year end payroll processes, updating the payroll system and issuing all candidates and employees with P60’s within the deadlines set by HMRC
- Liaise with the accounts assistants to ensure that all payments being made are fed into the company cashflow with correct timings, to candidates, HMRC and any other agencies
- Assist with the annual audit, including liaising with the company’s auditors to ensure all requirements are met
- Liaise with HMRC and other governmental bodies
Required Skills, Education & Experience
- Excellent systems skills and working knowledge of Sage 50, and Microsoft products
- Ability to deliver tasks on time to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A team player who has a "can do" attitude and can communicate at all levels within the organisation.
- Enthusiastic, personable and excellent attention to detail
- Must have payroll experience ideally with a recognised payroll qualification
- Payroll Services
- Sage Line 50