An industry leading business with an excellent reputation who are going through a period of considerable growth within finance. They have recently completed a number of sizeable acquisitions and have a some smaller ones lined up throughout 2018. Based in lovely offices within South Birmingham, they are currently looking to recruit a Payroll Officer to join the team on a permanent basis.
You will be reporting in to the Payroll Manager and will be responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate payment of company employees in accordance to relevant legislation. Your responsibilities will include:
- Processing company payroll on a monthly basis for c.2000 employees.
- Maintaining payroll processing system and records by gathering, calculating, and inputting data
- Computing employee take-home pay based on time records, benefits, and taxes
- Answering staff questions about wages, deductions, attendance, and time records
- Adhering to payroll policies and procedures and complies with relevant law
- Identifying, investigating, and resolving discrepancies in time-sheet and payroll records
- Completing payroll reports for record-keeping purposes or managerial review
- Determining company tax obligations by calculating national and council taxes as well as National Insurance contributions
You will be an experienced Payroll professional with a knowledge of current legislation and a proven track record of working in an end to end payroll position. You will be highly numerate, will work with accuracy and will be able to maintain confidentiality. You will be a confident communicator, a hard worker and will enjoy being part of a sociable and friendly team.
You will be joining a new team within a growing business which will provide numerous opportunities for progression and for you to build upon your experience. You will receive a very competitive salary which will be regularly reviewed and will be part of a hard working but friendly team. You will also receive 25 days holiday with the option to buy and sell.