Salary: £17,300 - £18,500 plus Holiday, Pension and 5% flexible benefit fund
NHS Shared services are growing their Payroll team in Sheffield and are looking for customer-focused, enthusiastic and eager to learn individuals to join them.
We offer a robust training programme in a professional environment for everyone that joins us. Training will include general Payroll and legislation as well as local NHS terms and conditions.
If you decide that a career in Payroll is for you, we will also give you the opportunity to complete your CIPP certification.
This opportunity is not to be missed!!
- Delivery of accurate payments to staff, both weekly and monthly for a defined part of the total payroll, ensuring legislation, terms & conditions of service and other statutory and local agreements are processed correctly
- Completion of a timely and accurate payroll within defined timescales, ensuring confidentiality of staff records at all times.
- Responsible for dealing effectively with queries from customers both internal and external, both by telephone or in person, at all times conveying a professional and efficient attitude and pass any contentious calls to the Deputy Payroll and Pensions Manager /Team Leader, whilst abiding by NHS SBS and Client policies and procedures
- Reporting to the Deputy Payroll and Pensions Manager /Team Leader for all aspects of payroll work, ensuring the continued smooth and effective running of the section and that all targets are met within defined deadlines
- Responsible for ensuring that all National or Local payroll changes are dealt with in accordance with requirements, and that all customers are able to understand the changes that affect their pay
- Responsible for ensuring that all documentation relating to statutory legislation and Terms & Conditions of service is kept up to date and is easily accessible to the rest of the team
- Ensure that all manual under/overpayments are valid and correctly calculated and payments raised (if appropriate) on a timely basis
- Experience in a customer facing role
- MS Office suite
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- The ability work in a team and build relationships with co-workers
- The ability to work flexibly, able to respond to increased pressure of work
- Experience in Payroll
- Experience of processing transactions on multi customer payrolls
- An understanding of the NHS Pension Scheme
- Experience of accurate data entry and validation of financial information
Established in 2005, we are now the UK's leading provider of business services to the NHS, which include Finance & Accounting, Procurement and Employment Services. We currently work with 100% of the NHS Commissioning organisations and over a third of NHS Trusts, providing a high level of governance and accountability for around £100 billion of NHS spend annually. We also provide a full range of solutions for NHS Provider organisations, ensuring cost improvements and efficiency savings, as well as improved data management and reporting.
NHS SBS is a unique joint venture between the Department of Health and Sopra Steria. Our mission is delivering £1 billion savings back to the NHS by 2020 and we have already delivered audited savings of over £350m. We provide cost improvements of around 30% for our clients, as well as providing added value solutions.
Find out more
Visit the NHS SBS website and the NHS SBS LinkedIn company page.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job