PAYROLL MANAGER NEEDED, £30000-£35000
Your new company
I am currently recruiting on behalf of a Payroll and Accountancy Services Company and we are based in Altrincham. We offer a range of services including Umbrella Company and limited company services. We support agencies at both consultant and corporate level and currently have created a brand new role to head up their large Payroll team of twenty.
Your new role
This is a brand new role within the department and is a great opportunity for the right candidate to grow, develop and make this role their own. The main purpose of the Payroll Manager position is to manage our fast paced payroll department. We have a team of around 20 team members from trainees' right up to well established and experienced Payroll Seniors, you will have plenty of support but it will up to you to keep morale high and ensure positive staff retention, meaning that we can maintain a premium service. Empowerment is one of our core values and you will be encouraged to implement changes, risk assess and nurture the department through busy and challenging periods. You must be prepared to get your sleeves rolled up and get stuck in at times; teamwork in action and by example is paramount at PayStream. Your responsibilities will also include:
- Day to day team management such as: coaching, monthly 1-2-1's and appraisals. This will include developing training within the department to ensure that the continuous improvement and progression of the team in terms of accounting and industry knowledge is on going
- Managing the completion of daily payroll for a number of payroll services within PayStream, such as Umbrella, PAYE and CIS
- Adhering to existing Payroll Controls for accurate payroll compliance and introducing new effective controls where gaps are found
- Being accountable for validations and reconciliations
- Undertaking the year-end projects
- Managing the workplace pension scheme and salary sacrifice arrangements
- Sharing knowledge of expenses processes for those employees that work under Supervision, Direction and Control
- Responsibility for the bank reconciliations under our control to ensure cash is well managed and there is minimal debt
- Ensuring all Departmental targets are met and compliance is adhered to and enhanced whenever possible
- Working alongside our HR team with any recruitment needs and following internal policies.
What you'll need to succeed
This company is ideally looking for a candidate who comes from within our industry and has strong experience working within Payroll. You will ideally have experience managing a team within a payroll department or be in a role where you are supervising and looking for that next step up. We are also ideally looking for:
- A fully qualified CIPP candidate and /or preferably someone who is studying for a CIPP Foundation Degree
- Outstanding technical skills working within Payroll and experience with high volume transaction processing
- Excellent customer service skills and an individual who is approachable and adaptable
- An experienced team manager who excels in ensuring their team is successful and supported
- A strong work ethic and someone that understands what commitment is needed within a payroll department and to ensure this role is successful
What you'll get in return
Not only will you get the opportunity to work within an Investors in People Silver accredited company, you will also have the opportunity to take advantage of working within a fun company that allows you to flourish and play to your strengths. Other Company Benefits include:
- Amazing monthly company social events and rewards (just look at our Facebook and LinkedIn pages!)
- 23 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Annual Company bonus between £600-£1200 paid in December
- Fresh fruit and refreshments
- Pension and long service awards
- Flu vaccinations
- Full professional study support
- PLUS our fantastic Christmas party!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'