Working for a large UK-based premium brand, my client is seeking an experienced Payroll Manager to provide an efficient payroll service for the UK and international business areas on an initial 12 month fixed term contract basis.
- Managing and developing the payroll team, ensuring that their skills are kept up to date through regular training
- Providing an advice service to the business on tax and pay laws - being the pay expert and providing pro active updates and communication to the business as required
- Analysis and reporting on financial data relating to payroll - providing timely and meaningful data to HR team, finance, retail management, Directors and Senior Managers as required.
- To ensure a robust audit process for both payroll team and retail management team processes, regularly checking accuracy of data and compliance with legal requirements (such as NMW) and addressing any concerns with senior management team
- Overseeing all monthly payroll runs both UK and internationally; checking for accuracy of data input and compliance with pay and tax regulations.
- Providing advice and guidance on international pay issues for secondees, ex pats and local employees
- Regularly working with and meeting Senior HR Team to share activity and learnings
- Providing advice and direction to HR Support team on payroll related issues
- Provide monthly updates for the Board on any legal updates and payroll or payroll systems initiatives
- Ensure that the Payroll system data is accurate and up to date
- Managing payroll related benefits processes
- Working with the Learning and Development team to create and implement payroll related training and development initiatives
- Reviewing and developing processes and procedures to ensure they remain fit for purpose and legally compliant as the business grows.
- Attending pay and tax related seminars to ensure your skills are up to date with new legal requirements
- Highly credible, Payroll Manager who has the confidence to build quick and strong relationship with key stakeholders.
- Previous experience of managing multiple UK and international payrolls
- Previous experience of project managing an HR & Payroll system implementation
- Robust and resilient with the ability to influence and make recommendations across their field of expertise
- Ability to apply payroll practices and make commercially astute decisions within a changing and evolving environment
- Able to prioritize tasks and activities, ensuring delivery of what will add most value to the business
- Is a logical thinker with strong problem solving capabilities
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail while able to manage time and meet deadlines
- Unflappable, and deals with complex and challenging issues in a calm and composed manner
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.