The purpose of this position is to supervise the Payroll team and ensure all Payrolls are completed accurately, on time and to the full satisfaction of our customers and stakeholders in the UK
A leading organisation in the South West looking for a Payroll Manager on an interim basis.
- Responsible for ensuring all payrolls are completed accurately and on time, all required outputs are produced and delivered to onward users accurately and on time (e.g. Sites, Finance, HMRC etc.) and excellent customer service is delivered to all customers coming into contact with the Department at all times.
- Line management
- BACS sign-off and final submission for all payrolls.
- Validate and sign off all quality related payroll checks and controls.
- Ownership of payroll related annual audit deliverable.
- Review and update Risk and Control matrix.
- Ensure payroll process documents are fully updated and that key processes are mapped and fully documented, including training material.
- Proactively recommend improvements to existing services, policies and processes for continuous improvement.
A minimum of five year's experience in HR and Payroll administration and general payroll legislation.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work either as part of a team or individually, dependent on situation.
- Understanding the requirement of taking both ownership and responsibility for allocated payroll delivery - ability to challenge when required.
Previous experience of working in a client facing environment - dealing directly with stakeholders, business partners and employees directly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are desirable.
On offer is a 12 month FTC contract for a interim Payroll Manager.