Established organisation going through growth, based North of the Tyne. Highly competitive base salary + strong benefit package.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the payroll team and ensuring all services are delivered in accordance with agreed timescales whilst ensuring both internal control and external legal requirements are adhered to. This will be a busy and varied role that requires someone to drive not only compliance but also motivation and development within the team.
Other responsibilities include:
- Driving efficiencies within the department, which will initially include working with Human Resources to identify and spec out a new integrated system.
- Monitoring the quality output of team members to minimise errors, providing support where required.
- Reviewing the weekly and monthly payrolls before they are submitted to BACs.
- Ensuring all submissions (monthly and annually) are made on a timely basis and in the agreed format.
- Developing positive working relationships across the business with the aim of continuously improving the quality of service provided.
- Keeping up to date with regulatory requirements and ensure the Company`s processes are fully compliant.
- Providing cover for processing weekly/monthly payrolls if necessary.
- Appropriate payroll qualification.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Comprehensive knowledge of PAYE and NIC legislation and rules.
- Full knowledge of auto enrolment legislation.
- Knowledge of pensions.
- Previous management experience
- Understanding of good project management disciplines.
- Strong stakeholder management both internally and externally.
- Good up to date knowledge of compliance requirements.
- An eye for detail.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job