Who will I be working for?
We are working exclusively for our great city centre based client. They are at the forefront of the business and operate within a fascinating and rewarding sector. Modern offices and a warm, welcoming culture await prospective new employees.
What will I be doing?
This role is responsible for the preparation and processing of monthly payroll for over 300 employees in the UK and support delivery of successful payroll in UK and the international countries. The main objectives are:
- Integrate employee data from the HR system to the payroll system and maintain employee records (30%)
- Process the company’s monthly UK payroll of approx. 300 employees in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with all instructions supplied (40%)
- Complete payroll reports and submission to the HMRC. (20%)
- Liaise in-country to ensure effective delivery of all international payrolls and investigate alternative payroll solutions eg outsourcing (10%)
This role is responsible for:
- Processing UK payroll every period
- Deducting tax and National Insurance payments as required
- Processing holiday, sick and maternity pay, part-time pays and adjust accordingly
- Review changes for proper authorisation (including for international payrolls)
- Maintain payroll processing system and records by gathering, calculating and inputting data
- Compute employee take home pay
- Answer staff queries relating to payroll
- Adhere to company payroll policies and comply with UK statutory requirements
- Identify, investigate and resolve any discrepancies in payroll
- Complete all statutory reporting to the HMRC
- Complete any payroll reports as required by the company
- Year-end submissions
- Issue P45, P60 s and other tax forms as required
- Establish/maintain employee records; ensure that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis
- Review the processes and handoffs as to how Payroll information flows from HR to payroll and make suggestions to improve the efficiency for the UK payroll as well as to international assignments, pensions communications and international payroll systems
What skills and experience are required?
- Three years plus in a Payroll Office performing all payroll functions including year end
- Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll system
- Ability to main confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Good problem solving/judgment skills, with a high level of attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to handle and prioritise multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
- Good spoken and written communication
- Good excel and word skills
- Knowledge of Cascade Payroll desirable but not essential. Experience of other payroll systems essential
Is there anything else I need to know?
This role is offered on a permanent basis. My client offer excellent benefits.
We really hope this great role appeals to you and you decide to apply! We love hearing from you and really appreciate every single application that we receive. We wish we could respond to your CV personally but due to the high number of responses we receive this just isn't possible. Therefore if you haven't heard back from us within a week, your application won't be taken any further on this occasion. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to our roles. We wish you all the very best for your job search.
The Purely Recruitment Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an Employment Business for temporary recruitment.
- Data Processing
- Tax Forms