Our client in between Cannock and Lichfield is recruiting a Payroll Manager / Office Manager on a permanent basis
As the Payroll Manager you will be reporting directly to the Finance Manager and supervise a team of staff
Duties will include
- Day to day supervision and management of employees
- Liaising directly with and supporting the Finance Director.
- Processing payroll for monthly salaried employees from start to finish, including dealing with queries.
- Processing payroll for defined benefit pension scheme members by liaising directly with pension scheme administrator, including dealing with queries.
- Co ordinating three other members of the wages team.
- Performing more detailed wages work on one of the three departments, including checking start/finish times, allocating working times to specific roles to generate costing information,
- Entering bonuses and other payments or deductions each week.
- Running the whole weekly payroll, generating payslips, BACS payments etc.
- Payments to Child Maintenance Service, council tax deductions, attachment of earnings orders etc.
- First point of contact for payroll and pension related queries.
- Liaising with internal HR function.
To be successful in the role, the right candidate must satisfy the following requirements:
- Experience of managing an office team.
- Conscientious, accurate and communicative team player who is able to lead a dedicated team in the processing of the weekly payroll (including some detailed weekly payroll processing).
- Capable of self-management of designated workloads and coordinating others.
- A positive and enthusiastic approach.
- The ability to meet strict deadlines and to prioritise tasks.
- Interest in developing systems and processes to enhance how we operate.
- Flexible working attitude.
- High numeracy skills.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office suite software, particularly Excel.
Knowledge of other software products used (Sage 1000, SnowdropKCS/Sage Payroll and Timeware (T&A system)) would be beneficial but not essential.
Salary and benefits package
The starting salary and benefits package of:
- Salary of between £28,000 - £33,000 (depending on experience).
- Productivity bonus - dependent upon production levels but c. £4,000 per annum.
- Annual bonuses equating to one and a half weeks wage.
- Membership Group Personal Pension Scheme - 4.5% employee / 5% employer.
- Membership of Life Assurance and Income Protection schemes.
- Of the 25 holiday days, 20 are fixed (Whitsun, 2 weeks in summer and Christmas), 5 are flexible
- Occasional Bank Holiday / weekend working might be required but will be paid (any weekday overtime is covered by the salary).
- CV reviewed
- 1st interview with HR and current office supervisor
- 2nd interview with Finance Director
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job