Now recruiting for a full time Payroll Consultant to join our team in Liverpool.
The role involves processing all types of payroll from start to finish. This will include varying numbers of employees, frequencies and complexities. You will be responsible for a portfolio of 30-60 clients ensuring all client service level agreements are met.
Principal Accountability and Attributes Technical
- Maintaining and updating all associated paperwork (permanent notes files etc).
- Reconciling payroll reports.
- Runs payroll process from beginning to end including:
- Contacting client to get payroll information
- Inputting the data
- Running the payroll
- Production of payslips and various forms
- Year end returns
- Checks input data of other administrators
- Completes allocation sheets
- Ensures appropriate sign offs
- Maintains client personal notes
- Responsible for posting forms
- First line client queries
- Maintains and builds client relationship
- Administers pension auto-enrolment
- Liaison with HMRC and pension providers
- Ensures client confidentiality
- Has high attention to detail
- Problem solving and dealing with queries from clients, third parties. (This will include queries etc raised by colleagues in other departments BDO offices).
* Covering colleagues' portfolios during periods of absence.
* Dealing with other payroll related administration duties.
* Work as part of a team to ensure clients are provided with excellent service.
* Asks questions to check understanding, avoids assumptions and delivers to expectations
* Well organised and planned
* Is able to prioritise and manage tasks set
* Is open to feedback from others
* Strong communicative skills (both written and oral)
* Resilient and flexible
* Strong organisational skills
* Enthusiastic with a 'can-do' attitude
* Approachable and supportive
* Confidence to cope with fast-paced and fast-changing environment
* Work well under pressure
* Confident and objective decision making
* Strong team-player
* Attention to detail Requirements
Experience and Professional Qualifications
* Excellent technical skills with strong working knowledge of SSP, SMP, SPP, SAP, PAYE, NIC (including directors), expenses and benefits, pensions and all year end procedures.
* Strong client service skills
* IT skills
* Strong legislative skills;
* Previous payroll experience is necessary with exposure to SSP/ SMP, PAYE, NIC Compliance, P45's and the ability to process manual calculations.
* Prior experience of SAFE computing desirable
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'