As the Payroll Co - Ordinator you will need to provide an efficient and proactive account service to a set of identified clients using a dedicated payment service. You also should be able to provide high quality and consistent customer service, building relationships with customers, PA's and agencies.
- To prepare the information required to process identified users’ payments (payroll, invoices or a blend), on a frequency determined in the support plan. This includes matching timesheets with authorised hours
- To support the Senior Payments Co-ordinator (Payroll) with payroll completion tasks, including printing payslips, reconciliation of payrolls Net Pay control, submissions of RTI, processing of Bacs payments to PA’s, submission of HMRC payments
- To make all necessary calculations including any auto pension contributions and HMRC payments in readiness for processing.
- To maintain an up to date list of payrolls/invoice payments for each payment week and ensure the right payments are made
- To oversee in a timely way the collation and reconciliation of each account identifying any issues with a plan for resolution. The reconciliation will also involve sorting of any tax and HMRC and auto-enrolment issues
- To proportionally monitor all accounts to enable early identification of unusual patterns and addressing (or escalating) in a timely manner
- To provide required account data to inform payment services reporting requirements
- Make amendments to ceased and deceased clients in liaison with the Cash Controller
- Where safeguarding concerns are identified to escalate accordingly in line with Company policy
- To liaise with internal colleagues as required to ensure seamless support to clients where they have more than one Company service.
- Experience of working in a fast-moving payroll environment with direct responsibility for client accounts
- Experience of delivering excellent customer service through a range of mediums including face to face, telephone and email
- Experience of building and maintaining strong working relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Excellent administrative skills with an ability to organise a wide range of information
- An eye for detail and a ‘get it right first time’ attitude
- Empathy and understanding of customer situation and needs
- An ability to use initiative to problem solve issues and to escalate in a timely manner where required
- An ability to self-organise workload to meet fixed deadlines
- An ability to work as part of a team
- Good written and oral communication skills
- IT literate with experience of Microsoft applications and payroll packages
- Knowledge of Sageline 50, Payrite software and using a CRM
- Knowledge of the health and social care sector, and specifically personal budgets and personal health budgets