The Payroll Clerk will be a key part of the busy payroll team and reports directly to the Payroll Manager. Working closing with the team, the Payroll Clerk is responsible for managing and operating the payroll system with the greatest level of accuracy and efficiency.
This is a role that deals with confidential material daily and therefore, tact, diplomacy and absolute discretion are key requirements for this role.
The post holder will be numeracy literate. Outstanding communication skills and high-level IT skills are a prerequisite, as well as being a self-starter.
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and non-taxable wages.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analysing information.
- Maintain payroll operations by following company procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- File all payroll related matters.
- Dealing effectively with client queries.
- Liaising with HMRC.
- Other Ad-Hoc Duties.
- At least 1 year experience in Payroll.
- Have experience of end-to-end payroll processing.
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Have a good working knowledge of Auto-Enrolment
- Work effectively on own initiative or as a part of a team.
- Experience with CIS would be desirable.
- Have strong IT skills. (Intermediate Excel Essential)
- During employment, the Payroll Administrator will have access to information of a confidential nature. Under no circumstances may this information be divulged or passed on to any unauthorised person or organisation.
- During employment, the Payroll Administrator will have access to data and personal information that must be processed in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Data Protection Act 1984 and properly applied to all staff and clients.
Hours of Work
- The designated hours will be Monday to Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm, with 30minutes for lunch. However, part time role maybe considered.
- 4 weeks’ holiday plus Bank Holidays (additional 1 day per year up 5 weeks).
- This will be commensurate with experience and qualifications, up to £22,000 per annum FTE.
- Free onsite parking
- Employer pension scheme contribution
If you feel you would be suitable, please apply direct or contact Jack Dwyer at AJ Chambers.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'