Location: Bristol - Commutable from Bath, Somerset and Gloucester
Up to £25,000pa (dependant on experience)
Ambridge Harris is currently supporting their Bristol based client to recruit for a Payroll Clerk.
- Attend Weekly Breakfast meetings and highlight your issues/ideas and concerns.
- All payroll processing input and checked on a daily basis.
- Manual payment requests processed within service level agreement.
- Timesheets extracted/uploaded/updated within agreed deadlines.
- Check Exceptions/FICO/BACS reports and correct any errors.
- Run wage variance/recharge reports. Ensure all reports are password protected for onward transmission to relevant payroll approvers.
- Ensure all payroll approvals are received within required deadlines.
- Balance recharge/wage variance and fico reports.
- Produce and send BACS file.
- Liaise with Finance Department to ensure BACS file is approved to ensure employees are paid on the agreed pay day.
- Ensure payrolls are exited after payrolls processed to the bank and advise team members that the new period is open for processing.
- Test P45 file for production by outsourcers.
- Send P46 file to HMRC via Gateway.
- Undertake and resolve queries for employees, HMRC and other government bodies.
- Liaise with Finance to assist with queries regarding reconciliations of P35 and 3rd Party payments.
- Ensure a clean desk policy and filing/scanning is undertaken to the highest standard.
- Advise management of any areas of improvement in process, system and procedure identified during normal day to day activities
- Ensure Business compliance with all Group and legislative requirements.
- Ensure adherence to the customer service charter in order to deliver a world class Business Support Centre environment.
- Support unpopular as well as popular decisions and maintain a professional approach at all times.
- Keep up with all communications to your team and follow all legislative changes.
- Maintain and demonstrate sound working knowledge of the open text system.
- Ensure clear communication is carried out with all key stakeholders.
- Display resilience and ownership in the face of unforeseen business changes and resourcing issues.
- Demonstrate the capability to solve problems, analyse and propose the solutions without waiting to be asked, being led or directed.
- Payroll procedural and legislative knowledge
- Excellent IT skills
- Good presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good customer service skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently on own initiative and also to contribute as part of a team
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job