Are you an enthusiastic, bubbly and well presented Administrator or a recent graduate/just left 6th form seeking your first office based role? We have an immediate requirement for an payroll clerk to join our growing team. This is a temporary and would suit someone with excellent PC skills who is keen to learn.
The Job Role:
- Develop a good understanding of how payroll systems operate.
- Work to deadlines on a weekly basis.
- Maintain compliance with any relevant industry codes of practice and quality standards.
- Input hours from timesheets onto our internal system
- Create new employees, ensure details are correct.
- Understand and maintain P45 procedure.
- Export timesheets from the system into Sage.
- Process payroll and balance spreadsheet totals.
- Print and process pay slips.
- Calculate holiday pay.
- Maintain temporary workers changes e.g. bank details or address.
- Provide backup with payroll queries.
- Create and post customer invoices. Once balanced liaise with Credit Control.
- Backup payroll to off site storage media.
- Make cheque/payroll amendments.
Experience / Requirements:
- You MUST have excellent PC skills.
- A quick and accurate approach to data entry is required.
- You MUST be confident, bubbly, very well presented and have a good sense of humour.
- Previous administration skills is preferred although not essential, we will consider a recent graduate / 6th form leaver.
- You will be highly organised and be able to multi task.
- An hourly rate of £7.38 - £7.83 per hour.
- An ongoing temporary contract with an immediate start.
- 37.5 hrs per week, Mon - Fri, 9am - 5.30pm.
- Free onsite parking and facilities.