Part-time (2-3 days per week)
We are working with a successful reward winning research agency in their search for an experience Payroll Clerk. The ideal person will be from a fast-paced background with experience of managing the complete payroll process.
- Manage and take responsibility for the complete payroll process for 3 UK monthly payrolls.
- This will include checking of starters, leavers, hours worked of casual staff, variables of both permanent and casual staff instructions, data entry and submission utilising in-house software
- Work with Management Accountant to ensure expenses are paid via Payroll.
- Check accuracy of Payroll data submissions including a 4th payroll, dealing with any anomalies or queries by calculating, investigating and seeking resolve for any disparities.
- General maintenance of pay and tax records, ensuring these are tidy and data is complete.
- Processing data on company's pensions portal (Royal London) and (Nest) each month to ensure pensions auto enrolment obligations are met. Managing all queries that are generated from the pensions contribution process (advising on pension benefits to employees)
- Processing, submissions and distribution of P11ds at the end of each financial year and calculating Class 1bs in accordance with the PSAs, in conjunction with the management accountant.
- Reporting of payroll related information as required
- Providing information for statutory and HMRC audits.
- Assisting, if required, the Field Team with any queries relating to their own payroll - completely separate to the 3 payrolls for the rest of the business.
- Utilise and promote accurate use of the business' information management system, Paprika, where appropriate
- Routine & ad hoc tasks relating to salary compensation and benefits, including notifying benefits brokers of starters and leavers, adjustments etc. and assisting HR with audits for renewals.
- Ensuring all Company obligations in relation to its payroll and related activities are successfully met; including but not limited to dealing with the rest of the Finance team, HR, outsourced Payroll provider (ADP) Pensions company, benefits broker, auditors and HMRC as necessary.
- Accurate and timely processing and checking of the complete payroll process.
- Timely response to the Company for all routine and ad hoc requests.
If this role is not quite right for you send it onto a friend and you could be eligible for our referral scheme.
PLEASE NOTE: Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard from us within 7 days of sending your CV, unfortunately you have not been selected for the position.
For other hr positions we're currently recruiting for, please visit