TEMP TO PERM POSITION
MONDAY - FRIDAY, FLEXI-TIME (37.5 hours a week)
Hourly rate: £8.72 - £9.23 (dependent on experience)
Responsible for the delivery of accurate payments to staff, both weekly and monthly for a defined part of the total payroll, ensuring legislation, Terms & Conditions of Service and other Statutory and Local agreements are processed correctly.
Responsible for the completion of a timely and accurate payroll within defined timescales, ensuring confidentiality of staff records at all times.
* Work within the company guidelines, Client policies and procedures, ensuring that Audit requirements are met at all times and deadlines are strictly adhered to
* Responsible for dealing effectively with queries from customers both internal and external, both by telephone or in person, at all times conveying a professional and efficient attitude and pass any contentious calls to the Deputy Payroll and Pensions Manager /Team Leader, whilst abiding by company and Client policies and procedures
* Reporting to the Deputy Payroll and Pensions Manager /Team Leader for all aspects of payroll work, ensuring the continued smooth and effective running of the section and that all targets are met within defined deadlines
* Responsible for ensuring that all National or Local payroll changes are dealt with in accordance with requirements, and that all customers are able to understand the changes that affect their pay
* Responsible for ensuring that all documentation relating to statutory legislation and Terms & Conditions of service is kept up to date and is easily accessible to the rest of the team
* Verify written responses to queries from staff, Clients and external agencies
* Validation of other payroll officer's temporary and permanent alterations to staff records. Ensure and validate that appropriate checking mechanisms are in place for other members of the team.
* Ensure that all manual under/overpayments are valid and correctly calculated and payments raised (if appropriate) on a timely basis
* Responsible for the completion of all basic payroll output for allocated payrolls and some higher level activities under the direction of the Senior Payroll Clerk/ Team Leader Deputy Payroll and Pensions Manager.
* Ad hoc tasks deemed appropriate to this level
Job Specific Competencies
PAYROLL EXPERIENCE ESSENTIAL
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- The ability work in a team and build relationships with co-workers
- Sound understanding of PAYE, National Insurance
- Attention to detail
- The ability to work flexibly, able to respond to increased pressure of work
- A high level knowledge of data-input completion
- Ability to prioritise work load
- The Ability to Observe personal duty of care in relation to equipment or resources
- Experience of accurate data entry and validation of financial information
If this is of interest, please apply below or contact Kate Hedley on
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job