The role is split 80% Payroll and 20% Bookkeeping responsibilities.
They are looking for someone with payroll experience preferably with Sage payroll, although this would be beneficial it is not essential. You will need to be a logical thinker who is able to research under your own initiative with a keen eye for detail.
You must have very good communication skills as you will be communicating complex payroll requirements to non UK citizens who will have no or limited knowledge about payroll, UK systems (how things work i.e. requirements to get a UK bank account) and British Law (Right to work in UK etc.)
- Payroll - 80%
- Preparation of 3 payrolls
- Collation of timesheet data
- Collation of Commissions and bonuses
- Calculating SSP / SMP / CCV etc. (Statutory Sick Pay / Statutory Maternity Pay / Child Care Vouchers)
- Starters and leavers set up and calculations
- Checking Contracts and Right to Work
- General Employment and Payroll queries
- Pay review processing
- Bookkeeping - 20%
- Posting AP and AR transactions to reconcile Statement
- Reconciliation of accounts
- Preparation of VAT
- Preparation of Year End accounts to be reviewed by Accountants
- Raising Invoices for rent
- Checking expenses against company policy
- Updating Vendor Purchase Orders (VPO)
My client would like someone who is comfortable with and does not get bored with data entry but has basic accounting background in the following areas
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Basic reconciliations
- General Ledger
- Knowledge of Financial Statements
40 hour week with flexible working and a lovely warm and welcoming finance team. Salary circa £24,000 depending on experience plus a bonus which is always achieved.
Sheridan Maine Recruitment is managing the recruitment for this position.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.