Our established client is currently recruiting for a Payroll, Benefits and Compliance Manager to work within their HR department in their offices based in between Bury St. Edmunds and Stowmarket.
This fantastic opportunity offers a starting salary of £35,000-£40,000 depending on experience.
Monday to Friday, 8.30 – 17.00 and very attractive benefits. The company offers rewarding environment that provides opportunities for development and progression, as well a fun social environment.
The main purpose of the role is to provide professional advice and guidance to management and employees on all aspects of Payroll, Benefits and Compliance and to ensure the company has appropriate advisory and administrative support in these aspects within the HR Department. This role reports directly to the Head of HR.
Key duties to include:
- Managing relationships with internal stakeholders, and with operational third parties
- Validating the integrity of the payroll system and ensuring payroll accuracy across the group
- Preparing the payroll for monthly sign-off or tax reporting, and making sure that all processes are auditable
- Oversee the collation, preparation and input of all three payrolls data by Payroll, Benefits & Compliance Administrators
- Ensure inputs are completed with enough time for checking and for submission according to timetables and deadlines before passing to Finance for sign off
- Developing and implementing payroll policies and procedures that meet with current and future legislative requirements which support the business’ overall approach to best practice
- Carry out required tasks for Auto Enrolment and Company Pension Scheme enrolment to ensure information is received by the Pension providers within the required time frames and ensure pensions are paid over on time each month
- Attending Governance Committee meetings for the company's defined contribution pension scheme, ensuring that processes relating to pension auto enrolment such as scheme administration and statutory reporting, maintain compliancy
- Reviewing monthly administration for flexible benefits through payroll
- Undertaking regular reviews of the company’s Benefits providers and ensuring the service they are providing is satisfactory including costs
- Providing assistance to external Auditors with their payroll related audit checks
- Advising and offering guidance to employees and managers with payroll queries and dealing with manual pay adjustments as and when required
- Liaising with and maintaining good working relationships with the company’s payroll provider and other third-party benefit providers as well as HMRC.
- Undertaking audits on all aspects of payroll, benefits and HR including auditing and managing the monthly payroll cycles for the Company
- Mentoring and managing the Payroll, Benefits & Compliance Administrators
- Working with the broader HR team members to improve knowledge and expertise within the team.
What we are looking for!
- Experience managing a large payroll service in a large organisation
- CIPP diploma or equivalent, or to be working towards it
- Good analytical skills allowing you to identify trends and take appropriate remedial action
- Experience in a management/supervisory position
- Good organisational skills and an ability to work to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to build and maintain good relationships
- Clear and logical thinking
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong customer service ethos and a pro-active approach are essential to the success of this role
- Must be professional, tactful, diplomatic and be able to work confidentially
- Advanced Excel skills and Intermediate Word & PowerPoint skills
Easily commutable from Bury St. Edmunds and Stowmarket. Free car parking is available onsite.
If you are looking for a new challenge within a successful company that can offer a long-term career progression and above average benefits, please apply with a current CV today!
For more information about this role and a confidential discussion about your current job search, please call Charlotte on .
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job