Our client is a leading organisation within their industry and due to expansion they now seek an experienced Payroll Assistant to assist in the group payroll for approx 700 staff.
This is a fasted paced working environment and requires a Payroll Assistant, with Sage 50 Payroll experience, who is able to manage their workload in a timely and organised fashion.
This is an excellent time to join one for the UK's most successful and progressive companies that is providing an exciting career opportunity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Payment of monthly salaries, variable payments for over-time, occupational & statutory sickness, maternity & paternity and payments & deductions in relation to pension & benefits for employees.
- Ensuring the statutory obligations to HMRC in relation to the reporting & payment of PAYE are met in relation to payroll and benefits.
- Managing the administration of P11d’s and company cars for starters, leavers and amendments of company car owners
- Experience of Sage 50 Payroll System within the past year
- Processing all new starters and leaver documentation including production of P45 forms.
- Collating and processing of all Payroll data, including pay reviews, car allowance, staff deductions, bonus payments, overtime, parking fine deductions, timesheets for weekly staff and deductions of all unpaid sickness leave.
- Assist with Auto enrolment compliance checks through Sage and People Pension software.
- Assist with the administration and reporting to all relevant Pension schemes, including Local Government and auto enrolment scheme consisting of salary sacrifice and net pay deductions.
- Manual calculations and processing of statutory entitlements including SSP, SPP and SMP.
- Assist with RTI submissions of FPS and EPS via Government Gateway.
- Assist with payments to HMRC and all external organisations.
- Providing information to finance for posting of all payments through cashbook and purchase ledger.
- Assist with Year end procedures, including P11d and P60 production
- Liaising with HR to maintain accurate records for personal data, payroll and benefits.
- Liaise with Finance to ensure the accurate reporting of payroll costs and liabilities
- Sage Line 50