KCR Solutions are currently recruiting for a Payroll Assistant on a permanent basis for a client based in Newcastle. The role will be responsible for weekly and monthly payroll processing, including all calculations, queries & back office payroll duties. Salary will be in the region of £20,000 - £25,000 per annum.
- Timesheet Input
- Dealing with SSP, SMP calculations
- Dealing with holiday pay
- Ensure all statutory deductions are applied correctly
- Process overtime and any other ad hoc payments for employees
- Administer sick notes and keep accurate records, calculate sick pay
- Process leavers and staff changes
- Deal with payroll queries in a timely manner
- Dealing with telephone queries in relation to payroll
- Ensuring accurate paper documents to support payroll calculation
- Carry out payroll administration relating to employee activity i.e. new starters, leavers, changes to changes to terms and conditions of employment and other personal data changes
- Ensure data on the payroll system is accurate and as up to date as possible
- Ensure that all work is accurate and produced in a timely manner in line with agreed procedures and checking/authorisation levels
- Additional payroll related tasks and ad hoc projects
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working in a busy payroll department using computerised payroll systems including SAGE
- Experience of Pension auto enrolment
- An understanding of current issues affecting payroll and ability to keep up to date with changing legislation
- A good standard of education
- Good working knowledge of current statutory payments and deductions -SSP, SMP, PAYE, NI, etc.
- Ability to deal accurately with complex calculations
- Good IT skills including use of Excel Spreadsheets and Sage
Please note if you have not heard back from us within 5 days of forwarding your CV then unfortunately on this occasion your application will have been unsuccessful.