Payroll Assistant - Croydon
We are currently recruiting for an established hospitality specialist practice based in Croydon, who are seeking an experienced Payroll assistant who will report directly to the Head of Department.
The firm work with some of the leading restaurants in the country and have built up an outstanding reputation in their field.
Must have minimum 2 years’ experience within practice and more than 3 years’ experience within payroll.
The ideal candidate will be someone looking to progress in their career within Payroll.
Roles and Responsibilities includes but not limited to:
- Process payrolls accurately and timely as per timesheets / instructions received from clients
- Prepare excel timesheets, gross pay calculation, holiday statements and maintain BACS payment schedules
- Ensure pay rate changes, loan and statutory deductions are done accurately and promptly
- Apply current HMRC’s rules and follow the procedures set up at each and every step of the payroll process
- Ensure clients’ deadlines are always met
- Respond to clients’ payroll inquiries timely
- Ensure confidentiality and high level of professionalism while dealing with employees’ sensitive and personal information
- Attend phone calls and carry out general administrative duties
- Visit new and existing clients to set up, review the payroll procedures, maintain service levels and good relationship
- Provide wage cost information and journals to clients and our accounting team regularly
- Ensure auto enrolment assessment is carried out accurately, update opt-outs and process pension refunds
- Filing RTI returns and uploading pension files
- Reconcile net wages, PAYE with HMRC and ensure PAYE and other statutory payments by the due dates
- Maintain tronc balances and liaise with troncmaster
Salary - Up to £25,000 based on experience
For more information on this Payroll Assistant role, please either apply directly or contact Ben Bennett at AJ Chambers. If this role isn’t for you but you do possess many of the requirements then please do get in contact with us, as we may be able to offer a more suitable role.
- Chartered Accountants
- Payroll Services