As a multi-award winning manufacturing company with a key focus on design and innovation, this business offers a dynamic culture and is focused on future growth and development. Operating an 'open door' policy and a flexible approach, they are now in the position to expand their team and are subsequently looking to appoint a Payroll Assistant to join them on a part-time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Office Manager and with opportunities to work closely with the Financial Controller, your primary responsibility will be to provide Payroll Assistance for all shop floor workers. This will entail supporting in all administrative activities required to ensure staff are paid correctly.
Your key duties will include:
- Ensuring accuracy and on time delivery of payroll
- Managing the administration of payroll, including maintaining the payroll processing system by gathering, calculating and inputting data
- Answering staff queries about wages
- Managing sickness administration and payments
- Resolving any discrepancies in timesheet and payroll records
- Completing payroll reports
Alongside your Payroll responsibilities, you will also have the opportunity to get involved with project work. The first project will relate to the implementation and running of a new stock management system. This will require you to liaise closely with the Stock Controller.
You will have experience of:
- Using Sage 50 Payroll
- Working in a payroll department
- Dealing with customers and employees at all levels, internally and externally
- Utilising time management and organisational skills
- Using your own initiative whilst working as part of a team
To succeed in this role, it is essential that you can demonstrate a flexible approach with excellent thinking skills and that you can work in a busy environment.
You will receive a basic annual salary.
This is a part-time, permanent position. You will work from 9am until 4pm Monday - Tuesday and from 9am until 1pm on a Wednesday.
Throughout time, the role may progress into a full-time position and so a flexible approach is desired.
THE POINT OF CONTACT
Katie Newton is the point of contact for this position. She can be contacted on or at
- part time