Rutherford Briant are currently recruiting for a Payroll Assistant/Bookkeeper to be based in Bury St Edmunds on a permanent basis.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation ingrained into Bury St Edmunds and recognised as a leading employer with an excellent environment to develop your skill set and expertise. You will be joining a close knit team dedicated and recognised for providing an outstanding level of service which has been a key driver for the impressive growth of the team.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years' Payroll experience, bookkeeping experience is desirable but not essential.
- Running both manual and computerised payroll
- Carrying out BACS payments to deadlines
- Up to date knowledge of payroll legislation and advising colleagues upon this
- Handling complex payroll queries
- Accounts Preparation and VAT Returns
Communication skills are key as this is a role that requires communication with varying individuals both with and without payroll knowledge. This is a rewarding environment in an organisation continues to grow.