Barnett Waddingham is a partner-led business which prides itself in providing straightforward and well communicated pensions advice. This philosophy means that we are dependent on talented and well trained employees who enjoy working in a closely knit and friendly organisation. Our growth has been significant since our creation in 1989. We aim to continue this growth by recruiting people who share in Barnett Waddingham’s values.
The payroll advisor sits within the Reward team and covers abroad range of payroll responsibilities. As we outsource our payroll processing to an external company this role ensures the correct information is sent and the supplier is processing the payroll without errors. It covers a range of tasks from administration, reports and data entry to more technical tax queries and managing the supplier. We have approximately 1000 staff across the firm.
About the role and person:
- Our payroll is outsourced so a key responsibility of this position is to manage this process and the relationship with the supplier - an eye for detail and strong organisation / planning skills are essential.
- As you will be the first point of contact for employees on payroll, tax or pension queries, you will need to have strong communication skills and a can-do, positive attitude.
- Part of the role will be to maintain the HR database with all changes to pay, benefits and related information prior to the payroll deadlines so you will need to work closely with colleagues in the Reward team and in the wider HR team.
- As you will be managing the relationship with the payroll processor, you will be expected to monitor costs and process invoices, identifying anomalies or discrepancies where they occur.
- This is an exciting time at Barnett Waddingham as we continue to grow so we are keen to ensure that our systems remain robust and fit for purpose. An important element of this role will be to work with inhouse software developers to continuously improve database reporting and payroll processes.
Qualifications and Experience:
- GCSE grade C / 5 or higher as a minimum, preferably educated to A-Level or above.
- Proven experience within a payroll position and ideally pensions processing experience.
- If you have experience of an outsourced payroll service then this would be desirable.
- Up to date knowledge of tax, National Insurance, statutory payments and payroll legislation.
- Awareness of tax implications for flexible benefit schemes operating through salary sacrifice.
- Able to work under own initiative and manage priorities and workload independently.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is an essential requirement for this role.
- Ability to work with figures and spread sheets including manipulation and basic analysis of data using formulas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Payroll Services
- National Insurance
- Payroll Reporting
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'