Payroll & Purchase Ledger Administrator
- Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 p/a DOE
- Location: Wakefield, WF11
- Hours: Monday Friday 9am - 5pm
This position is responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and payment of all monthly salaries and weekly wages for the company and the group, Including associates and subsidiaries where required along with contributing to the Purchase Ledger function and providing support to the HR function.
Main Aspect: Must have a solid Payroll background with some HR expereince or the ability to learn HR on the job
The ideal employee will possess the following:
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Good IT skills and competence of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- High standard of numeracy, accuracy with attention to detail.
- A team player with a flexible approach and a willingness to learn.
- Outgoing, positive and confident personality and able to operate at all levels.
- A self-starter who is pro-active and can set and achieves goals.
- Good standard of education – ideally with 3 years experience with Exchequer Payroll software, certainly an up to date knowledge of the payroll function and legislation.
- Strong organisational & time management skills.
- Familiar with Human Resources and Personnel management.
- Contribute to the on-going development of the payroll system.
- Ensure that salaries and wages are paid in a timely manner.
- Meet targets as set by the Finance Director.
- Chase overdue timesheets by telephone and email.
- Maintain accurate payroll and HR records.
- Regular communication with General Managers to ensure all relevant payroll’s are managed as necessary.
- Identify changes / trends in payroll and ensure general managers are aware and propose action to avert if relevant.
- Respond promptly and completely to both staff and management.
- Record and maintain accurate holiday pay provisions.
- Maintain the holiday Chart for the company and inform managers of possible conflicts or issues.
- Maintain Training register for the company.
- Keep HR files up to date with relevant documentation.
- Providing ad-hoc reporting as and when requested.
- Post payments to accounts and allocate as required.
- Undertake reconciliations as required.
- Ensure monthly processing deadlines are met as required.
- Send out weekly and monthly payslips.
- Manage Payroll deductions, attachment of earnings and CSA.
- Prepare P45, P60 and Payroll Year End, RTI submissions.
- Maintain Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme.
- Develop the payroll capability within the finance team, particularly to ensure cover is provided.
- Provide cover for other accounting functions as requested.
- Other duties as delegated from time to time by the Financial Controller / Director.
- Keep the company up to date with new techniques and practices.
- Raise Purchase Orders.
- Set up new suppliers with correct details and terms.
- Maintain the Purchase Ledger system and keep tidy.
- Accurately processing Invoices & Credit notes
- Statement Reconciliation.
- BACs Payment Runs.
- Accurate and timely month end cut off
- Production of monthly accruals
- Develop good relationships with key suppliers
To apply please send your CV , Konnect Recruitment are an equal opportunities employer.