My client is a firm of Chartered Accountants with traditional values, offering full accounting and taxation solutions to a range of clients. Based in London Colney they have a large client base, from both the local and wider areas extending over 30 years.
Due to the current situation this will initially be a homebased role but will move to office based when circumstances allow. Interviews will consist of a telephone interview followed by a ZOOM interview.
We are looking for Payroll Administrator who has excellent organisation, great communication and interpersonal skills.
- You must have previous payroll experience ideally at least a year
- Bureau experience preferred and Umbrella or in-house would be useful
- A good understanding of Excel and SAGE50 payroll software would be required.
Processing of monthly, weekly, fortnightly and four-weekly payrolls using SAGE 50 payroll software, including the following tasks:
- Inputting of new starter information using P45s and New Starter Checklists
- Processing leavers and issuing P45 certificates
- Inputting and calculation of payroll information received by clients via email and over the telephone, including time sheets, repeat salaries and various other payment and deduction types.
- Accurate processing of maternity payments, paternity payments, shared parental pay and adoption pay, together with the leave due.
- Inputting information to pay statutory sick pay and record holidays taken.
- Knowledge of pension payments
- Submitting RTI information via an FPS
- An understanding of Automatic Enrolment legislation including calculating pension deductions would be desirable.
- Good understanding of pro-rated pay including calculations for daily rates, hourly rates and term time only payments.
- Accuracy when processing and inputting information is a must!
Sound knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook required (particularly Excel), together with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Hours: 9am - 5.30pm with one hour for lunch
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas shut down
Despite our best efforts it is not always possible to respond to every application individually due to the high volume of responses we receive on each vacancy.
Only candidates who are short listed will be contacted for this particular role and if you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume that you have not be successful. However, we will keep your details on our database, and will contact you when other suitable positions come in.
- Payroll Services
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'