New permanent opportunity for a highly respected and very well established practice based in Preston. A new position has arisen for their ever expanding Payroll team to look after your own portfolio of clients.
- Processing payroll in accordance with departmental procedures
- Managing the submission of client payroll data
- Liaising with clients to ensure submission deadlines are met
- Updating and processing BACS timetables
- Issuing payslips, summary reports and PAYE information to clients
- Maternity, paternity, shared parental leave and adoption pay administration (including the completion of SMP1, SPP1 forms)
- SSP administration (including the completion of SSP1 forms)
- User reports for NHS pension scheme data
- Working knowledge of CIS
- Setting up of new payrolls
- Liaison with HMRC
- Dealing with ad hoc payroll queries from clients
- Knowledge of RTI procedures
- An understanding of the mechanics around Auto Enrolment
To be successful in this role, candidates will need to have a proven track record of running payrolls from start to finish and have up to date knowledge of payroll legislation. Candidates will also need to be a team player but have the ability to work on their own initiative and be able to manage their own workload, particularly when working under pressure.
To be considered for this role, applicants must possess the following:
- A minimum of two years’ experience of payroll processing (ideally in bureau)
- An ability to process a payroll from start to finish
- A good standard of education
- Excellent IT skills (Word and Excel)
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Organisation and planning skills
- Attention to detail
Competitive salary (dependent on skills and experience)
Benefits package (after qualifying period)
If you have the relevant experience for the role please don’t delay and get your cv across on email or call for a confidential chat about the market and live roles we have currently.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'