To be considered for this position you will:
* Have demonstrable experience of performing the payroll operation for large numbers of employees.
* Have experience of working with Sage Snowdrop KCS
* Have the ability to problem solve any queries with salary payments and communicate the result in a clear way to the employee concerned.
* Have excellent attention to detail; it is paramount in this position.
* Update and print monthly time-sheets for completion by Contract
* Managers, during the monthly Payroll.
* Check the completed time-sheets from Operations Managers.
* Maintain active and inactive employee files to ensure that all the paperwork is
constantly updated and scan correspondence relating to Payroll, Induction and training Records.
* To ensure that files on the computer are kept accurately and filed in the
necessary areas and deleted in line with GDPR
* Process monthly Payroll accurately, complying with current Inland Revenue and Home Office Policies.
* Check Starter Forms, process through Sage Snowdrop KCS, update the employee register and starter list and scan employee paperwork.
* Update Leavers, process via Inland Revenue and issue P45's.
* Check Identification and right to work documentation.
* Amend employee Terms and conditions and update on Sage and shared information systems (time-sheets, pay-rates and holiday chart)
* Update and reconcile the monthly wage budget sheet.
* Maintain Log of work permit/visa expiry dates. Notify Operations Managers when extension paperwork is needed.
* Complete DBS Checks as required.
* Answer employee queries relating to pay and tax issues.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.