Job Title: Payroll Administrator
Location: Oldbury, West Midlands
Salary: £16,000 - £18,000 dependant on experience
We are currently recruiting a Payroll Administrator to ensure the delivery of new contracts. The successful candidate will ideally come from a HR, Finance or Payroll background and have experience and knowledge of payroll tasks, Pensions and Government related payments.
- Undertake payroll related tasks associated with new appointments, contract variations and leavers
- Payroll related tasks associated with maternity leave and HMRC Statutory payments e.g. SMP, SSP, etc.
- Support the administration of the company and external customer pension schemes, including annual returns
- Ensure the payroll database is regularly updated in relation to payroll and pension information.
- Contribute to the collation and production of payroll or pension related information or reports.
- Regular email and telephone communication with payroll customers, to include (but not limited to) payroll queries and secure data transfers.
- Provide user support for systems.
- Contributing to the efficient operation of the Payroll business unit by undertaking administrative duties when required.
- Carry out duties in accordance with Prospects Equal Opportunities policy, actively promoting equality and preventing and overcoming disadvantage and discrimination.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the level of the post.
- Experience of working in a HR, payroll or finance team or extensive experience of working in an administrative role is essential
- High level of numeracy demonstrated by either GCSE grade C or above in Maths, or an equivalent qualification
- High level of competence in use of software packages commonly used for processing data e.g. Microsoft Excel
- Ability to process information accurately, methodically and efficiently.
- Ability to organise own work to meet tight deadlines and objectives
- Ability to work confidentiality, with tact and discretion
- Must be proactive and take responsibility for getting things done
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Understanding of and commitment to equality and diversity
- Must have a flexible and adaptable approach to work
Prospects is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and eliminating discrimination, as a core value.
We are determined that the principles of equality and diversity will underpin all our activities.
We welcome applications from every section of the community, particularly from people with disabilities who are underrepresented in the Company.
By applying for this role, you are agreeing to your CV being held on our database, stored confidentially and securely. Your CV will be used and kept only to provide the recruitment services you have requested from us, we will only send your details to clients once discussed with you and your data will not be shared with any other third party. You can ask for the deletion or correction of your data, or to opt out of this service at any point by informing CFA.
- Payroll Services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'