As the Payroll Administrator you will be primarily responsible for assisting with the administration and processing of payrolls within the team, to provide a first-class payroll bureau service.
• Responsible for the day to day administration of medium to large sized multiple client payrolls with no supervision; including administer RTI submissions and process end of year forms P60;
• Have a mixed client portfolio involving various specialist areas such as school, expat, shares, client accounts, etc.
• Use PAYRITE payroll software efficiently, including import/exports and report writing;
• To process all types of manual payroll calculations, including Director’s NI and salary sacrifice schemes;
• To have an extensive knowledge of PAYE/NIC and statutory payments eg redundancy, SMP/SAP, SPP and SSP when running client payrolls;
• To have an extensive knowledge of pension schemes (defined benefit and defined contribution) when providing administration for various payrolls, including AE process and pension upload to pension providers website;
• To send BACS payments;
• Assist with small client setups and project work;
• Proactively develop and keep up to date with new payroll legislation and compliance;
• Proactively carry out payroll reconciliations and analysis with no supervision;
• Proactively liaise with HMRC and assist with more technical enquiries when they arise;
• To use own initiative to resolve issues and to assist the team where possible, by providing a range of solutions and seeking advice where necessary;
• Develops and maintain relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels;
• To work with other departments and understand the services that are being provided to clients (and not just payroll);
• Proactively communicate the full range of services offered by the national payroll team to clients.
• Good IT skills, intermediate level of Excel is essential;
• Previous payroll experience, ideally within a professional services environment;
• Minimum 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) grades A-C required;
• Demonstrates up to date knowledge of current payroll legislation and is confident in using payroll software, specifically PAYRITE;
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with clients and staff;
• Organises own work and prioritises own tasks;
• Good numeracy skills;
• Demonstrates attention to detail and a high concern for accuracy;
• Demonstrates an appreciation of the importance of teamwork and responds willingly to all team members reasonable requests.
Please CLICK HERE to download our benefits booklet
Please CLICK HERE to download the job description.
Mazars is an international, integrated and independent organisation, specialising in audit, advisory, accounting and tax services. Operating in over 75 countries, the firm draws on the expertise of 18,000 professionals to assist major international groups, SMEs, private investors and public bodies at every stage in their development.
Mazars is among the top 10 accountancy firms within the UK with over 140 partners and 1750 staff serving clients from 19 offices.
Mazars is a positively different firm. Differentiated by the opportunities we offer our people, our approach to working with clients and our passion for responsible business, we are entrepreneurs with a strong European heritage. We are proud of the single global partnership we have built to serve clients around the world.
We work with a wide range of clients – from individuals to local businesses to large corporate companies and global organisations - across many sectors.
Our team has one common goal – to focus on our clients’ agendas and deliver value through a personal touch backed by big experience.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'