We are looking for a part time payroll administrator to join our small friendly finance team based at our office in Aztec West. Please note this role is for 24 hours PER MONTH. MUST HAVE PAYROLL EXPERIENCE.
The successful candidate will be solely responsible for the end to end monthly payroll processing of approximately 70 employees.
They will have strong experience of working within a payroll function, have good knowledge of payroll legislation and be the first point of contact for all payroll queries.
In addition to the processing of the basic monthly payroll they will be required to:
- deal effectively with starters, Leavers and the issuing of P45’s and P60’s
- calculate tax/NI/SSP/SMP
- input any salary adjustments, calculate overtime, back pay, holiday pay as well as pay increases and bonuses.
- deal confidently with cycle scheme deductions, child care vouchers and any other employee benefits
- prepare and issue P11d’s
- prepare month end reports
- have some knowledge of modified payroll
- prepare and post the monthly payroll journal onto our finance system and ensure the payroll control accounts are completed each month.
- deal effectively with any queries from staff or external bodies such as HMRC, our pension administrators or our tax advisors
- deal with any other ad hoc finance administration that may be required
Skills and attributes required for the role:
- Exceptional attention to detail and high level of accuracy to ensure that the processed company pay is correct and processed on time.
- Good organisational skills and ability to work to a tight deadline.
- A respect for confidentiality
- Good communication skills
- Good team playing skills
- Clear and logical thinking, methodical and organised.
- Confident and experienced in using Microsoft office, in particular excel
The role will be paid at an hourly rate of £15ph with a minimum of 24 hours per month required to complete the job. The main focus will be around the third week of the month (usually the 19th/20th and 21st) to ensure that salaries are received in employees’ bank accounts by the 26th of every month. The number of days worked can be flexible but need to fit around this number of hours and this deadline. This role is office based and not able to be completed from home.
- Organisational Skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"