KAMP Accountants Ltd is looking for a Payroll Administrator based in Morden, the Practice has built up a great reputation as an employer and have impressive plans for growth.
It's a great work environment with plenty of banter within the office and a busy social calendar across the business. The company look after their staff, investing in training and rewarding high performance which has allowed them to gain a high staff retention record.
Job title: Payroll Administrator
Reporting to: Partner
Salary: £18,000 - £24000 per annum - leads to Payroll Manager Position in 4-5 years within the Practice (£25,000 to £33,000).
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 37.50
Benefits: 22 Holidays, Pension and GYM Membership
Location: Marshall House, Suite 21/25, 124 Middleton Road, Morden, Surrey, SM4 6RW
Staff reporting: 1
To make sure that people are paid correctly and on time. Performs all activities necessary to process 1 or more payrolls, including maintaining related records, filing tax reports, preparing accounting transactions and documents, and preparing special reports for management.
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of the monthly payroll for approximately 400 employers on the Sage 50 payroll system (This includes the entire cycle of payroll processing from capturing of new employees, leave, terminations and check and authorise claims)
- Review and ensure accuracy of approved advances, travel and overtime claims;
- Responsible for the coordination between payroll and human resources, to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data
- Handle the administration of the Biometric system
- Maintain employee records; ensure that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis; review changes for proper authorization.
- Generating reports for payments e.g. PAYE returns and other third parties
- Maintain a proper document control system
- Deals with NEST pension and make submissions to pension provider on monthly basis
- Deals with the GP Practices payroll and provide support to Practice Managers
- Keep abreast with company policies and tax legislations that impact on remuneration
- Prepare month-end journals and reporting integrating to the financial system. (Including preparation/distribution of detailed reports, e.g. expense claims, overtime, leave balances, head count, and month end reports)
- Communicate payroll changes to the HR Manager and Financial Director and on time
- Office Management - Maintenance
- Office Consumables - Stationery, Bathrooms and Kitchens
To attend supervision, training and meetings as and when required. You may be required to perform other ad-hoc tasks around the office that may be deemed necessary.
Payroll Administrator Skills and Qualifications:
- Three plus years in a Payroll Office performing all payroll functions
- Excellent skills using MS Excel, and Internet Explorer
- Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work independently and under pressure
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
- Must be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Be flexible
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills - ability to liaise at all levels
- Outgoing, personable, responsible, self-motivated, and confident
The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company’s business.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences of relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
- Human Resources