Job Title: Payroll Administrator
Salary: £28,000 (6 Month FTC)
Location: Central London
Client: Shopping & Leisure Destination
The Role / Client
Our client own and operate some of the biggest and well known shopping and leisure destinations in the UK. They are passionate about people and want to engage and develop the teams as much as possible. The aim is to create a world class experience for our customers and retailers. This is a role to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the payroll function within the HR Department. Develop a first class payroll service experience, providing essential internal support.
- Using an integrated HR/Payroll System, process monthly payroll for over 2000 employees calculate all payroll amendments and deductions after receiving authorisation.
- Be responsible for all Starters and Leavers.
- Checking all the Variations that have gone through for the period
- Calculate overtime, PAYE, NI, holiday pay and pension contributions.
- Calculate statutory absence payments - SMP, SPP, OSP, OMP and SSP.
- Payroll processing of Share Vesting schemes for both current employees and as after leaving transactions.
- Administration of Deduction from Earnings orders.
- Have knowledge of TUPE and how it affects T&C’s.
- Manage and process queries from employees, Managers and external departments i.e. DWP, HMRC
- Ensure all day to day payroll tasks are completed in line with payroll processing timetable.
Experience & Skills Required
- Good working knowledge of current legislation
- Able to do manual calculations - gross to net, SSP, SMP, etc
- Enthusiastic and self- motivated with a good working knowledge of payroll.
- Be confident with a logical thought process with the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Be well organised and methodical with a good attention to detail.
- 2 - 3 years’ experience
- Intermediate level Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience of working with a high volume payroll.
The Talent Group is a specialist recruiter in placing into HR & Talent. Please call me to discuss this and other roles that we are currently recruiting.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job