This is a great opportunity to join our Payroll Team. As a Payroll Administrator you will be responsible for running a number of client pensioner payrolls, ensuring that pensioners are paid on time and accurately, and that all other related tasks are dealt with correctly in line with current procedures.
Willis Towers Watson’s Technology and Administration Solutions (TAS) is a global line of business whose revenue is primarily driven from providing outsourced pension administration services to occupational pension funds. Our three largest markets are Germany, UK and US. We have worked with some of the world’s leading organizations for over 25 years to provide benefit administration and outsourcing to over five million participants across the globe.
- Keying in payroll amendments (e.g. address changes and bank details).
- Assisting in the processing of payrolls (e.g. printing and checking payroll control reports).
- Ensuring that payslips and P60s are issued correctly by our outsourced printers.
- Ensuring that payroll deductions are dealt with correctly (e.g. PAYE, healthcare).
- Calculating manual payments using computer software and/or HMRC PAYE tables.
- Dealing with written correspondence both internal and external (particularly from pensioners).
- Dealing with telephone enquiries, mainly from pensioners using our 'Pensions Helplines'.
- Keeping filing systems up to date, including written records of telephone conversations (e.g. individual pensioner records on EDMS).
- Adhering to HMRC legislation, Data Protection Act requirements, internal quality procedures (e.g. Work Excellence policies) and agreed service standards and payroll processing timetables.
- Carrying out the objectives set during the annual performance review process and assisting in other areas as required.The Requirements
- Grade 9-4/Grade C or above for Maths and English Language at GCSE or equivalent.
- Computer literate with fast and accurate keyboard input skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- Numerical, analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise own workload.
- Ability to concentrate on the task in hand, paying attention to detail and accuracy.
- A flexible approach and a team player who is able to work under pressure and meet targets.
- Previous payroll and pensions experience is essential.
It is essential that all TAS payroll associates keep themselves up to date with pensions and payroll legislation (e.g. annual budget requirements), as well as internal changes (e.g. systems and procedures). This means reading and acting on both external communications (e.g. from HMRC) and internal communications (e.g. via email and on Insite).
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com .
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job