Umbrella rate: £10.50 an hour
Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Payroll Administrator on a 3 month contract. They would like someone who has the experience and knowledge in the following:
PLEASE NOTE: There is no neogiatiion on the rate.
Purpose of the role -
- Payroll Administrator sits within Workforce Transformation team.
- Responsible to Payroll Team Leader. The post holder can be working on a diverse range of tasks and therefore it is essential to prioritise their own workload. The nature of the job involves the requirement to meet very tight timescales. Issues of a more complex nature would be referred to the Payroll Coordinator.
- The post-holder is expected to provide feedback to the Payroll Coordinator in relation to workload issues that may result in disruption to the timetabled payroll cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities -
- Verify that all documentation / pay notifications from employees, services and external clients have been authorised appropriately and process these in line with relevant rules / conditions of service
- Loading data from various formats including personal/pay information, temp payments and absence data
- Determination and control of occupational and statutory payments relating to maternity, paternity, adoption and sick leave
- Determination of eligibility for membership / appropriate contribution rate and processing notifications for the local government and teachers' pension schemes
- Application of automatic pay increments and pay awards for various Local Government staff including NJC and Teaching staff
- Review payroll output / exception reports to identify and correct erroneous data and perform regular audit checks to ensure adherence to procedures
- Resolution of enquiries from employees, managers and external clients services by telephone, email and in person on any aspect of payroll, having regard to the principles of Data Protection
- Distribution of standard reports
- Undertake manual pay calculations including Tax, NI and Pension etc., and arrange emergency payments (advances) as the need arises
- Calculation of gross to net overpayments and negotiating repayment arrangements where low value and short recovery period
- Undertake routine admin tasks including mail in / mail out, filing, scanning etc.
- Assist in development / maintenance of the payroll procedures manual
- Identify personal training requirements in relation to current post and in order to achieve work related personal development goals
- Processing attachment of earnings orders and CSA Payments
- Comply with all audit requirements relating to the production of payrolls
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience -
- A Payroll Administrator is required as soon as possible with excellent numeracy, good literacy, inter-personal and communication skills.
- Experience of working in a busy Payroll team, ability to work under pressure and to achieve tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of HMRC Tax and NIC rules
- 2 GCSE passes grade A-C (or equivalent) including English Language and Mathematics
- Ability to work well under pressure and absorb analyse information quickly to achieve tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with team members, colleagues, staff, and external customers
- Ability to communicate effectively with external agencies
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of Local Government and Teachers Pension Schemes
- Excellent numeracy, good literacy, inter-personal and communication skills
- MS Office skills, particularly in Excel and Word
- Customer service skills, team working and ability to work accurately and to strict deadlines
- Experience of working in a busy office/payroll environment
- Experience of working with large modern computer systems and payroll computing packages
- Local Government
- Payroll Administrator
- CSA Payments