Amigo Loans is one of the UK's most successful and innovative lenders. We have delivered staggering financial performance, a customer focused product and an award-winning employee experience. Amigo is a guarantor loan company with a simple idea - if your friends trust you, so will we.
We’re looking for a payroll administrator to join our Finance Team, owning the full payroll process for our team of 250 employees. The successful candidate will have experience in the full end to end payroll process, including reconciliation and detailed analysis. You’ll have a strong understanding of PAYE and National Insurance Contributions and knowledge of current payroll legislation. The role will also provide you with the opportunity to support the wider Finance Team and develop into more senior accounting roles.
We'll ask you to:
• Accurately prepare weekly and monthly payslips for employees;
• Be responsible for the day to day administration of payrolls with no supervision; including administer RTI submissions and process end of year forms P60;
• Use payroll software efficiently, including import/exports;
• Understand all types of manual payroll calculations, including Director’s NI and salary sacrifice schemes;
• Have an extensive knowledge of PAYE/NIC and statutory payments eg redundancy, SMP/SAP, SPP and SSP when running payrolls;
• Have an extensive knowledge of pension schemes (defined contribution), including AE process and pension upload to pension providers website;
• Prepare and send BACS payments;
• Proactively develop and keep up to date with new payroll legislation and compliance;
• Conduct payroll reconciliations and analysis with no supervision;
• Proactively liaise with HMRC and assist with more technical enquiries when they arise;
• Prepare and send employee benefit reporting, including P11D, P9D, P11D(b), and PSA to staff/ HMRC by the deadlines;
• Assisting the Financial Controller to make arrangements for the payment of payroll wages, salaries and statutory payments;
• Comply with all statutory filings within the deadlines set.
• Perform timesheet audits
• Prepare payroll journals for posting into the General Ledger system.
• Perform other accounting tasks, to be determined based on previous knowledge/experience and business needs.
We think you'll need:
• Strong IT skills, intermediate level of Excel is essential;
• Previous payroll experience, ideally within a similar sized environment (250 employees);
• To demonstrate up to date knowledge of current payroll legislation and is confident in using payroll software, preferably Access Selectpay;
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral);
• The ability to Organise your own work and prioritise your own tasks;
• Excellent numeracy skills;
• Attention to detail and a high concern for accuracy;
• An appreciation of the importance of teamwork and responds willingly to all team members reasonable requests.
• Willingness to be involved in broader accounting tasks, to support the team activities.
What we offer in return:
• Business Performance Bonus
• Health Care Scheme
• Contributory Pension
• Free Gym Membership
• Google Style Offices including a Fantastic Subsidised Café
• In House Massage therapist
• Free yoga class
• Hair Stylist
• Additional days holiday each year and Birthdays off
• Free VIP tickets to Bestival, Camp Bestival and Common People
• For all staff with over one year’s service: Use of Tesla Model X & BMW i3 electric vehicles, properties in Amsterdam, Dordogne, Shoreditch and a beach hut in Mudeford
• Based in Bournemouth
- Microsoft Excel
- Payroll Analysis