The successful candidate will be responsible for:
* To calculate/process monthly payroll changes including: contract changes, expenses, tax codes, NI codes, starters, leavers, retirements, SMP, SPP, SAP Shared Parental Pay & Shared Parental Leave, salary sacrifice schemes, student loans, season ticket advances, name/address changes etc.
* To input payroll data to the payroll system and maintain accurate content on the pay module.
* To check payroll output, investigate/correct payroll exceptions and organise running of the payroll and payments to staff.
* Issue payslips to staff (by hard copy and/or ESS) and effect statutory returns/payments (as remittances) to Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (HMRC) via Real Time Information (RTI), and to Pension Schemes, Unions/Professional Associations, Courts and other statutory bodies etc.
* To prepare monthly payroll journals for the Finance team.
* To submit details of monthly changes i.e. starters, changes to contracts, leavers changes of pension contribution rate etc. for the Pensions Scheme.
You ideally need to have a minimum of 2-3 years' experience in payroll administration and a good working knowledge of HMRC and pensions contributions rules and regulations. You'll also be highly proficient in the use of computerised payroll and finance systems as you'll need to be proactive in further developing our payroll processes and modules within our integrated HR & Payroll system.
Badenoch & Clark is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Badenoch & Clark is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a registered Disability Symbol User.
- Payroll Specialist
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job