Capita plc is the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 74,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa, India and other centres globally. Our clients span the private and public sectors, including Financial Services, Central Government, Utilities, Technology, Local Government and Insurance.
A brilliant opportuniyt has arisen for a Payroll Administrator to work very closely with the Senior Management Team. The role will give the individual great exposure to the wider Capita business plus the chance of excellent career progression
Purpose of the Job
To ensure the delivery of an accurate high quality payroll service
Main Duties - To:
- Prepare payroll data for input to SAP. Dealing with all aspects of Payroll Administration.
- Update employee records, where necessary, in respect of:
- New Starters
- Income Tax
- National Insurance
- Voluntary Deductions
- Permanent Allowances
- Student Loans
- Tax Credits
- Statutory Payments
- Child Care Vouchers
- Sickness absence
- Prepare P45's and return NI certificate for employees terminating.
- Issue P46's where necessary.
- Deal with correspondence and telephone enquiries from employees. Including Tax issues, Maternity calculations and National Insurance queries
- Respond to queries logged by employees within 72 hours of the enquiry being logged on Capita Connect.
- Deal with correspondence relating to outside agencies; e.g. Inland Revenue, Government Departments etc.
- Issue employees with SSP1 forms where necessary.
- Issue maternity exclusion notices where necessary.
- Calculate Statutory Maternity Pay and the issuing of letters to staff going on Maternity Leave setting out their entitlement.
- Prepare and calculate CHAPS and BACS payments where required.
- Sort and Dispatch monthly payslips.
- Complete any other duties as may be required from time to time as allocated by the Team Leader or Operations Manager.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- At least two year's Payroll Administration experience
- Previous experience of dealing with high volume payrolls 5000 + employees
- Knowledge of all statutory payments - SMP,SSP,SAP,SPP and ASPP
- Ability to manually calculate Tax and NI deductions
- A working knowledge of Excel
- Previous use of SAP for Payroll Administration
- A payroll qualification CIPP or equivalent
- The ability to calculate a term time salary
- Some pension knowledge
Qualifications, knowledge and experience
- Sound educational background: Minimum A to C GCSE's in English and Maths (evidence required)
- Extensive experience of working in a large customer focused organization
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job we will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary/we also give you generous holiday allowances, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
- Payroll skills minimum 2 years experience.