We are currently seeking a Payroll Administrator to join our team based in Leatherhead. The successful candidate will be working as part of a team in providing a high-quality client focused Pension Payroll Service.
This is a fantastic entry level position which will offer support in studying towards a Professional Payroll Qualification alongside a genuine opportunity to develop a career in Payroll.
Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc (JLT) is one of the world's leading providers of insurance, reinsurance and employee benefits related advice, brokerage and associated services. Our client proposition is built upon our deep specialist knowledge, client advocacy, tailored advice and service excellence. Together, we place our clients first, champion independent thinking and expect to be judged on the results we deliver. JLT has offices in 40 territories with more than 10600 employees supported by the JLT International Network enabling us to offer risk management and employee benefit solutions in 135 countries.
- To take responsibility for quality and accuracy of payroll work
- To process Payrolls in accordance with Payroll cut off schedule
- Ensuring payroll checklists are completed and signed off
- Processing HMRC tax code amendments prior to payroll processing
- Ensuring SLA reports are run daily
- Effective management of personal workload
- Engaging/Liaising with accounts to ensure returned payments are completed within agreed timescales
- Ensuring PAYE reconciliations are produced and passed to Team Manager for sign off in accordance with agreed timescales
- Dealing with queries from the HMRC
Key skills and experience:
- Previous administrative experience is essential.
- Computer literate
- Strong numerical skills
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Effective communication skills able to handle sensitive information appropriately
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Team orientated, working towards common goals
- Ability to drive own development
We offer highly attractive reward packages. We are aware of how integral our employees are to our progress, so we ensure that everyone shares in that success. Whilst this varies from company to company within Jardine Lloyd Thompson in the UK, typical benefits can include:
- Employee share schemes
- Flexible Benefit Scheme (called Choices)
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Private healthcare scheme
JLT aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we would like to encourage applications from all the community, irrespective of race, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.