Our client are a thriving independent firm of accountants and advisers looking for ambitious and dynamic individuals with skills and talents who are going to contribute to the continued success of the firm. They offer a wide range of advisory services including audit and accountancy services, specialist company and personal tax planning, corporate finance, payroll, human resources, IT and strategic advice to plan for your future.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To take ownership of payrolls, processing accurately and within the given time scales.
- To ensure accurate and up to date payroll and pension records are kept on STAR and IRIS OpenDocs.
- Input and maintain accurate data on Star software and within given timescales.
- Provide accurate and meaningful internal and external reports upon request.
- To complete all HMRC returns (RTI) and ensure payroll compliance.
- Complete Auto Enrolment duties and prepare client information.
- Prepare letters for clients, informing them of their PAYE liabilities and other payroll related matters. Process client BACS payments via BACS bureau, online or via Autopay.
- Deal with post on a daily basis.
- Effectively and professionally deal with internal and client queries by telephone or email.
- Complete payroll journal for posting to Nominal Ledger as and when required.
- Offer ideas to improve procedures and processes to ensure the department is run in the most efficient way, where possible.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of payroll and Auto Enrolment.
- Other ad hoc tasks at the request of the business.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage a number of payrolls/tasks at any one time.
- Ability to work on their own initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to build rapport and relationships at all levels.
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- Organised and accurate.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Proactive and efficient.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (mainly Excel).
- Experience of STAR Payroll Professional (ideal but not essential).
- Experience within an Accountants or bureau environment (ideal but not essential).
- Hold a payroll qualification (ideal but not essential).
- Hold at least 2 years’ experience working within a payroll environment.
Due to the very large number of applications received, we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
- MS Office