**Payroll Administrator or Payroll Manager** - PART TIME OR FULL TIME
Our Watford based client is looking for a Payroll Administrator or Payroll Manager to join their busy practice.
Previous payroll experience within a small business practice is essential as you will be responsible for a portfolio of clients - they range from payroll for 1 through to payroll for 300.
**The payroll manager will have the added responsibility of managing the payroll administrators**
Hours: full time or part time.
Salary: £25K-£40K pro rata (the higher end will be for the Payroll Manager).
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for a number of allocated clients. He/she is responsible for making all day to day payroll entries, managing the pension compliance and supporting the Compliance Manager as required. He/she provides assistance to the Payroll Manager and the Head of Bookkeeping. The work on each individual client should be carried out with attention to detail but also in a cost-effective and efficient manner. He/she reports to the Payroll Manager.
Key Performance Indicators:
The main responsibility of the Payroll Administrator is payroll & pension administration:
- Manage individually allocated billable work on a weekly and monthly basis as per client deadlines on the Payroll Log and keep the Payroll Manager apprised of progress.
- Ensure full, accurate information is entered into a client’s payroll records for new starters when applicable and liaise with the clients as required to resolve any queries and to obtain missing information.
- Highlight any potential payroll issues or discrepancies to the Payroll Manager and agree a plan of action prior to discussing with the client.
- Provide all reports and payslips in a timely manner (summary and analysis, P32, P45) and make corrections or adjustments to personnel data as required.
- Keep Client Manager and the Payroll Log fully updated in real time.
- Liaise and ensure good communication with the Payroll Manager, the Head of Bookkeeping and clients.
- Ensure timekeeper is fully completed to allow accurate billing and monitoring of time use against allocated jobs.
- Work with the Payroll Manager to maintain and improve effectiveness and efficiency across each client.
- Promote the brand values of the organisation through excellent customer service.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work in a proactively diverse and interactive organisation.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced office setting, prioritising deadlines over other work.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'