• Responsible for the day to day administration of medium to large sized multiple client payrolls with no supervision; including administer RTI submissions and process end of year forms P60;
• Processing of pay scale & allowance uplifts, incremental rises and contractual changes as and when required
• Use payroll software efficiently, including import/exports and report writing
• To process all types of manual payroll calculations, including salary sacrifice schemes
• To have an extensive knowledge of PAYE/NIC and statutory payments e.g. redundancy, SMP/SAP, SPP and SSP when running client payrolls;
• To have an extensive knowledge of pension schemes, including AE process and pension upload to pension providers website;
• To send BACS payments;
• Assist with small client setups and project work;
• Proactively develop and keep up to date with new payroll legislation and compliance;
• Proactively carry out payroll reconciliations and analysis with no supervision;
• Proactively liaise with HMRC and assist with more technical enquiries when they arise;
• To use own initiative to resolve issues and to assist the team where possible, by providing a range of solutions and seeking advice where necessary;
• Develops and maintain relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels;
• To work with other departments and understand the services that are being provided to clients (and not just payroll);
• Proactively communicate the full range of services offered by the national payroll team to clients.
• Good IT skills, intermediate level of Excel is essential;
• Previous education payroll processing experience is essential, within a bureau environment
• Minimum 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) grades A-C desirable;
• Demonstrates up to date knowledge of current payroll legislation and is confident in using payroll software
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with clients and staff;
• Organises own work and prioritises own tasks;
• Good numeracy skills;
• Demonstrates attention to detail and a high concern for accuracy;
• Demonstrates an appreciation of the importance of teamwork and responds willingly to all team members reasonable requests.
Homeworking for the foreseeable, with only the occasional need to travel to the allocated office (post-lockdown)
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'